Saturday, May 22, 2010

I hope I'm not there




More and more of the "public" meetings being held about Marcellus Shale are being patterned after the one above. Middle of the day, representatives of BIG OIL being allowed to speak freely, and the public being reduced to writing questions on 3 by 5 cards that are selectively presented to the "expert" panel for thoughtful consideration. After the meeting, the (still) clueless politicians babble on about what a great hearing it was and how hard they are working to protect their constituents and create jobs while juggling their other role as a superhero. Suppress your gag reflex as you read about it here.

Eventually, in one of these meetings, in the not too distant future, someone is going to snap. I don't know when it will be, and I don't know where it will be. I just hope, with every fiber of my being, that I am not there.


Wendy, ...I'm coming home.

No comments: