Saturday, May 8, 2010

Give it to me, or I'll take it away

Several weeks ago, before I decided to start this blog, I met with a guy I consider to be the most informed voice on this whole Marcellus Shale thing. Not an intelligent guy who went out and read all he could to get up to speed, but someone who was already cruisin' at Warp 12 on the topic years ago. He agreed to meet with me on a Saturday and proceeded, in about 35 minutes, to give me a massive brain dump of information that had my head spinning somewhere in the orbit of the planet formerly known as Pluto, or is it the other way around?  His ability to easily reduce complex issues and scientific concepts to my level still has me scratchin' my head. Why can't those so-called "experts" give that a shot now and then instead of spewing forth gobbledy-gook that no one can understand?

Truth is, I'm indebted to him, and I think I finally met a guy whose word and handshake actually mean something. If he should ever decide to run for office, he's got my vote and anything else he needs. The other wannabes out there can't carry his jockstrap, and I ain't necessarily talking about candidates for office.

This post is a little long for me, so I'll end it with the latest bit of news about the true nature of the companies invading our little corner of the world. Eminent domain, anyone? You are gonna love this.

No comments: