Saturday, July 23, 2011

Lt. Gov. Cawley's Marcellus Circle Jerk

    
I've just finished my first scan of the recently-released "Governor's Marcellus Shale Advisory Commission Report". 

Here's what initially came to mind. 


And here's my second random reaction.


My outrage began to build on page 7 of the Executive Summary, paragraph 3. The opening sentence is intentionally structured to be interpreted like an FDA-regulated ingredients label; making one believe that the committee was most heavily-weighted with environmental members when - in fact - it was just the opposite. The token greenies were chosen last and least.

Although it will take some time to read the rest of the report, my initial takeaway is that the natural gas industry's investment in buying the last gubernatorial election in PA is paying significant - albeit very short-lived - dividends.

More when the rage subsides.
     

No comments: